Welcome to The Steady Groove!
My name is Kate Keskinen, I’m a yoga teacher currently living in Gainesville, Florida. I’m a dreamer, a lover, an advocate and active participant in anything creative. This space is for recording memories that so often slip by, and sharing my experiences and thoughts about some of the things that are most important to me.
“Groove” is a word I’ve always loved because it can mean so many things which are all so applicable to this whole “life” thing
1. a long, narrow cut or depression in a hard material.
2. an established routine or habit.
3. a situation suited to one’s abilities or interests
4. top form
5. an enjoyable or exciting experience
6. a pronounced enjoyable rhythm
1. to enjoy listening to or dancing to music
2. to perfect by repeated practice
3. to interact harmoniously
So, this space is about establishing routines. It is about finding the right situation suited to my abilities and how that manifests itself in everyday routines and practices. It is about interacting harmoniously with other people, places, and things. It includes listening and dancing to music, and it may even include some physical grooves in objects. But above all, it is about the pronounced, enjoyable rhythm of life and it’s exciting experiences.
Because life really is pretty groovy.